
Today, the visiting nurse will come to my office and give me the next round of shots. As an added bonus, I get to carry around the kit for her. I've nicknamed it my biohazard goody bag. And you can see why... I'm also storing the Neupogen in the fridge in what looks like a big blue baby diaper. I hope no one gets curious and tries to heat it up for lunch. So far the shots don't hurt after they go in, although I am told that by tomorrow I will feel as though I've had a really tough day at the gym and will be sore. The nurse advised me to stick to Extra Strength Tylenol (since Advil or aspirin would thin the blood and they don't want that) but that if it really hurts they could give me Percocet. I'm really hoping the pain doesn't get to that level.
I'm really excited for Monday and hope that all goes smoothly.
No comments:
Post a Comment