Sunday, July 27, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin

The 4 days of shots have come to an end. I chewed lots o' calcium and drank water all weekend. I'm about to take one last dose of Tylenol to stave off the back pain and hopefully kill this headache, and then it will be donation day. Better make it Tylenol PM so I can be sure to get some sleep and not wake up thinking I've been punched in the kidneys.

In the end, the shots weren't so bad. The visiting nurses who came to my office and the beach were total pros and the shots themselves barely hurt at all. Colleen, the nurse at the beach, was so encouraging and really pumped me about about Monday. Saturday was the worst day of side effects from the filgrastim and today wasn't great, but I'm either used to it now or it is fading. Either way, it will be over tomorrow after the donation.

No comments: